TeaCHE Frequently Asked Questions
2. Is there a penalty for declaring my intention to pursue the teaching capstone but not completing it? Will my attempt appear on my transcript?
3. What are the deadlines to turn in the TeaCHE Intent to Participate form and submit the final TeaCHE portfolio in order to have TeaCHE appear on my transcript in time for graduation?
4. What if I will not be able to complete all my TeaCHE requirements before the deadline? May I ask for an extension?
1. Is my department's departmental training course for Teachers of Record (TORs) approved to fulfill Category 1?
2. If I am attending five SETs to fulfill Category 1, do I need to fill out an Activity Tracking Form for each one?
1. I am not currently teaching a course. How can I arrange a teaching observation of myself to fulfill Category 4?
2. May I have another graduate student, rather than a faculty member, observe my teaching to fulfill Category 4?
3. Whom do I contact at the Academy for Teaching and Learning to arrange for someone to observe my teaching to help me fulfill Category 4?
1. Do items I completed for other Categories (like SETs for Category 1 or Teaching Observations for Category 4) count toward my points for Category 5?
2. For Category 5, do I need to fill out an Activity Tracking Form for each activity I complete or just one form for each section listing all the activities I completed in that section?
3. Do Graduate Pathways for Success workshops offered by the Graduate School count toward points for Category 5 (Item A)?
5. Is there a limit to the number of points I can earn through the same item in Category 5? For example, could I earn all 50 of my points by attending SETs?